Announcements & Upcoming Events:
Article featuring Dr. Wozniak:
Check out this article about FASD research at the U of MN
- We are excited to announce the publication of our new paper in the "Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders". It discusses the results of a long-term follow-up approximately 7 years after our randomized controlled trial of choline supplementation in children with FASD.
- Check it out here: https://doi.org/10.1186/s11689-022-09470-w
- Choline Nutritional Intervention Study - Recruiting 2.5-5 year old children (under 6 years old).
- Brain Training Study - Recruiting 8-17 year olds.
- For more information on the studies check out the "Research Information" tab.
- We just moved to the Masonic Institute of the Developing Brain located at 2025 East River Parkway Minneapolis, MN 55414!
- To learn more about the facility click here to watch a short video.
What We Do:
- We use the latest brain imaging techniques and neurodevelopmental tests to study the brain changes caused by prenatal alcohol exposure.
- We are investigating the effects of computerized cognitive training and neuromodulation (mild electrical current) on the scalp on brain development in FASD.
- We are testing nutritional interventions with the goal to optimize brain development in young children with FASD.
Our Research Team:
- Jeffrey Wozniak, Ph.D., Principal Investigator
- Michael Georgieff, M.D., Co-Principal lnvestigator
- Amy Gross, Ph.D, LP, BCBA, Co-Investigator
- Kelvin Lim, Ph.D., Co-Investigator
- Bryon Mueller, Ph.D., MR Physicist
- Judith Eckerle, M.D., Study Pediatrician
- Abby Ernst, B.S., Research Coordinator
- Donovan Roediger, M.A., MR Analyst
- Jessica Emerick, B.S., Psychometrist
- Mary Anthony, B.A., Research Coordinator
- Blake Gimbel, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow