Announcements & Upcoming Events:
Article featuring Dr. Wozniak:
Check out this article about FASD research at the U of MN
- We are excited to announce the publication of our new paper in "Frontiers in Neuroscience". It discusses atypical developmental trajectories of white matter microstructure in individuals with prenatal alcohol exposure through the use of neurite orientation dispersion and density imaging (NODDI). Check it out here.
- We just published a paper in "Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research". We examine the regional differences in the trajectory and timing of cortical thickness change in children with prenatal alcohol exposure compared to typically developing controls. Check it out here.
- Choline Nutritional Intervention Study - Recruiting 2.5-5 year old children (under 6 years old).
- Brain Training Study - Recruiting 8-17 year old children and adolescents.
- For more information on the studies check out the "Research Information" tab.
- We are located at the Masonic Institute of the Developing Brain (MIDB) at 2025 East River Parkway Minneapolis, MN 55414!
- To learn more about the facility click here to watch a short video.
What We Do:
- We use the latest brain imaging techniques and neurodevelopmental tests to study the brain changes caused by prenatal alcohol exposure.
- We are investigating the effects of computerized cognitive training and neuromodulation (mild electrical current) on the scalp on brain development in FASD.
- We are testing nutritional interventions with the goal to optimize brain development in young children with FASD.
Our Research Team:
- Jeffrey Wozniak, Ph.D., Principal Investigator
- Michael Georgieff, M.D., Co-Principal lnvestigator
- Amy Gross, Ph.D, LP, BCBA, Co-Investigator
- Kelvin Lim, Ph.D., Co-Investigator
- Bryon Mueller, Ph.D., MR Physicist
- Judith Eckerle, M.D., Study Pediatrician
- Abby Ernst, B.S., Research Coordinator
- Donovan Roediger, M.A., MR Analyst
- Jessica Emerick, B.S., Psychometrist
- Mary Anthony, B.A., Research Coordinator
- Blake Gimbel, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow
- Kent Tuominen, B.S., Research Coordinator