Announcements & Upcoming Events:
Article featuring Dr. Wozniak:
Check out this article about FASD research at the U of MN
- We are excited to announce the publication of our new paper in a special issue of the journal "Nutrients". It is a comprehensive and practical review of prenatal and postnatal supplementation in fetal alcohol spectrum disorder.
- Check it out here: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu14030688
- We are currently recruiting 2.5-5 year old children (under 6 years old) for our choline study! For more information click here.
- We just moved to the Masonic Institute of the Developing Brain located at 2025 East River Parkway Minneapolis, MN 55414!
- To learn more about the facility click here to watch a short video.
What We Do:
- We use the latest brain imaging techniques and neurodevelopmental tests to study the brain changes caused by prenatal alcohol exposure.
- We are investigating the effects of computerized cognitive training and neuromodulation (mild electrical current) on the scalp on brain development in FASD.
- We are testing nutritional interventions with the goal to optimize brain development in young children with FASD.
Our Research Team:
- Jeffrey Wozniak, Ph.D., Principal Investigator
- Michael Georgieff, M.D., Co-Principal lnvestigator
- Amy Gross, Ph.D, LP, BCBA, Co-Investigator
- Kelvin Lim, Ph.D., Co-Investigator
- Bryon Mueller, Ph.D., MR Physicist
- Judith Eckerle, M.D., Study Pediatrician
- Abby Ernst, B.S., Research Coordinator
- Donovan Roediger, M.A., MR Analyst
- Jessica Emerick, B.S., Psychometrist
- Mary Anthony, B.A., Research Coordinator